- 1 large shallot, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- a handful fresh basil leaves (about 1 cup very loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- a few turns freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a quart-size jar (or similar receptacle).
- Using an immersion blender, blend for about a minute, or until the shallots and basil are pureed and the dressing is emulsified.
- Store in glass jar for up to a week, or frozen in ice cube trays for up to 6 months. It might solidify and separate when refrigerated, but just bring it to room temperature before using and give it a shake if need-be.
Keywords: marinade, dressing, vinaigrette