Don’t you love when the best is also the easiest?
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound hanger steak
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the steak in a medium bowl.
- Marinate for at least one hour, ideally about 4. I like to use a zip-top bag for this, but if you have objections to plastic you can use a glass container.
- Heat your grill to medium or medium-high, so that the temperature reaches about 450-500. Once hot, grill for 3-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the meat and what temperature you prefer it cooked to. Transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil, and allow to rest for five minutes before slicing.
- (alternately, sans grill: You can sear the steak in a hot pan over medium-high heat until it’s cooked to your liking)