- 1/2 ripe peach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey simple syrup ((see below))
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- lemon twist, (for garnish)
- small sprig mint, (for garnish)
Honey Simple Syrup – Mix together:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup steaming hot water
- In your shaker, muddle the peach, lemon juice and mint until it’s as close to a liquid as you can get it.
- Add the simple syrup and bourbon, along with a handful of ice, and shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube and garnish with the lemon twist and mint.
- Alternately, if you prefer your drinks up, add plenty of ice to the shaker and strain into a martini glass.