crispy, sturdy biscotti are studded with dark chocolate chips, sweet-tart cherries, roasted salted almonds, and then dipped in decadent olive oil ganache. Biscotti just got sexy.
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- flaky salt
for the ganache
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark of milk or a combination)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil*
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease it with olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg, olive oil, honey, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and sea salt until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips, dried cherries, and chopped almonds.
- Turn the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and form it into a log that’s about 9 inches long, 3 inches wide, and 1 inch tall.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely. Use a sharp knife to slice into batons about 1-inch thick.
- Return the cookies to the baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for another 20 minutes, or until golden brown and dry. Allow to cool before dipping in ganache.
- Transfer to the fridge to harden the ganache. Once the ganache has lost some of its sheen, sprinkle with flaky salt.
To make the ganache:
- Melt the chocolate chips in a bowl set above a pot of just simmering water, stirring often.
- As soon as the chocolate is melted, whisk in the olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time to emulsify. It will thicken as it cools and is best slightly cooled for dipping.
*You’ll want to use the best olive oil you’ve got for this.
Keywords: chocolate cherry almond biscotti