cupcakes for just about everyone.
For the Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup full fat (canned) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (93 grams) Otto’s Naturals cassava flour
- 1 cup (145 grams) coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
For the Ganache Frosting:
- 1 cup (8 fluid ounces) full fat (canned) coconut milk
- 3/4 pound (340 grams) dark chocolate chips (about 2 scant cups)
- pinch sea salt
Make the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 12 cup muffin tin with parchment liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut milk, water, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Sift the dry ingredients (cassava flour, coconut sugar, psyllium husk powder, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt) into a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until combined and smooth.
- Fill the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Make the Ganache Frosting:
- Place the chocolate chips in a large heat-proof bowl. Heat the coconut milk in a small sauce pan until steaming.
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate and set a timer for 5 minutes. Do not stir it until the time is up.
- Once the time is up, add the salt and stir the mixture until smooth. Place in the fridge to cool, stirring occasionally. (If you’re in a rush, you can place the bowl into another bowl filled with ice water and stir until it’s cool.)
- When the ganache is the consistency of softened ice cream, beat until it’s fluffy and smooth.
- Frost the cupcakes either with a piping bag* or just plop it on with a spoon.