This recipe alone is worth purchasing an air fryer!
- 12 wild caught XL shrimp
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (I like Otto’s Cassava Flour)
- 2 large eggs, (beaten)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for brushing the basket.
Tropical Dipping Sauce
- 4 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon tapioca starch
- Wash the shrimp and devein them. Make small slits in the belly of the shrimps, so they don’t curl when cooked. Place cassava flour on a plate, the eggs in a shallow bowl, and the shredded coconut on another plate. Dredge shrimp in the flour, dip in the egg and roll and coat with the shredded coconut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F.
- Brush the basket with extra virgin olive oil. Place 6 shrimp in the basket, in a single layer, and set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the pineapple juice to a boil and then simmer on low heat, until it’s reduced to half. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- When the timer goes off, take the shrimp out, place them on a plate, and cover. Put the rest of the shrimp in the basket and cook for 7 minutes. When the timer goes off, squeeze some lime juice on the shrimp, and serve immediately with the Tropical Dipping Sauce.
This recipe works really well with chicken tenders, too. Flatten out chicken tenderloins or cut chicken breast in 3” wide strips to dredge and cook as per instructions.