so much flavor and texture, and done in 30.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, (finely diced)
- 1 small carrot, (finely diced)
- 1 stalk celery, (finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic, (sliced)
- 1 heaping tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- chopped fresh cilantro, (for serving)
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the almonds and toast for 2-3 minutes, until browned and fragrant. Remove
- Add the oil to the pan. Once shimmering, add the beef and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Push the beef to one side of the pan and add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook until fragrant about 1 minute. Add the salt and curry powder and mix into the meat and vegetables.
- Add the apricots and beef broth to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium-low, cover, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the vegetables and apricots are very soft and most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Top with almonds and fresh cilantro and serve over rice or cauliflower rice.