The perfect not-too-sweet chocolatey treat
- 2 very ripe large bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cassava flour (90 grams)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (22 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (any kind of fine, I used half dark and half milk from Guittard. Please try to purchase fair trade chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9×5-inch bread pan with oil and line with parchment paper, leaving the sides to hang over the side to allow the bread to be easily removed. Lightly grease the parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until somewhat smooth.
- Whisk in the eggs, coconut sugar, oil, and vanilla until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cassava flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until the top springs back when you lightly touch it, and/or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before removing and slicing.
Keywords: banana bread, chocolate banana bread