You may never eat corn another way again.
- avocado oil or other cooking oil
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, sour cream, or a combination of the two
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- juice of one lime, plus more for serving
- a few tablespoons crumbled cotija cheese, optional
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add just a little oil to the pan, just so there’s a light coating.
- Once it’s hot, add the corn. Leave it for 3 minutes – you want to get it nice and charred. Once it starts to brown, flip or stir and cook for an additional two minutes, or until the corn is just slightly softened and has some nice brown spots. Hit it with a big pinch of salt and transfer to a large bowl.
- Make the dressing: Combine the mayonnaise and/or sour cream, sumac, coriander, chipotle and garlic powder.
- Add the jalapeño, green onions, and cilantro to the bowl with the corn and toss with the dressing. Taste for seasoning and add additional salt, lime, or chipotle if it needs anything. Stir in cotija cheese, if using, and sprinkle some extra on top before serving.
- Serve with additional lime wedges, if desired.
see above video for how to remove kernels from corn without making a mess.
Keywords: elote, elote salad