- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, (diced into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 teaspoons tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons+ 2 tablespoons dry sherry or rice wine
- 1/4 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil, (divided)
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, (stems removed and sliced (about 1/4-inch thick))
- 2 large carrots, (sliced with a julienne peeler (or a vegetable peeler))
- 1 large head Napa cabbage, (about 2 pounds, shredded)
- 3 scallions, (thinly sliced)
- Make sure to prep all of your ingredients before you start. As with any stir-fry, it happens fast!
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken with the tapioca starch, red pepper flakes, ginger, white pepper, 2 teaspoons of the coconut aminos, 2 teaspoons of the sherry, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Add the chicken and spread it out so it’s in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed for about 2-3 minutes to allow it to sear. Stir and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until it’s just cooked through. Dump into a large bowl. Rinse out the skillet and return to the heat.
- Heat another 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet and add the shiitakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until wilted and browned. Add to the bowl with the chicken.
- Heat one more tablespoon of oil and add the cabbage and carrots. Cook until just wilted.
- Add the chicken and mushrooms back to the skillet, along with 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos, 2 tablespoons of sherry, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Stir to combine and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until the chicken is heated through and the liquid cooks off a bit. Garnish with the scallions and serve.
Make sure to prep all of your ingredients before you start. As with any stir-fry, it happens fast!