Grain-Free Rosemary Olive Oil Crackers
The perfect crispy cracker for any appetizer you plan on serving. They are always a hit with both celiacs and gluten-eaters alike.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg and the olive oil.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and mix well, giving it a few kneads.
- Turn out onto a sheet of parchment paper and flatten out a bit.
- Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment and cut into 1 inch squares with a sharp knife.
- Transfer (with the bottom sheet of parchment) to a sheet pan and bake for 14-20 minutes, checking occasionally.The outside crackers might be done sooner than the center, in which case just remove the pan from the oven and carefully transfer the finished crackers to a plate to cool.
- They’re done when they’re just barely golden.
- Store in an airtight container.
The size of your egg and how you measure your almond flour can have an effect on the moisture of the dough. You’ll have a better chance of not using too much flour if you whisk it (fluffing it up a bit), before scooping it into a measuring cup.