fresh and bright and herbacious, this paleo and dairy-free Green Goddess Dressing is a breeze to make.
- 1 egg*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, (plus more if needed)
- 2 anchovies
- 1 garlic clove, minced or grated ((I like using a microplane to grate / mince my garlic!))
- 1/2 cup light olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- salt to taste
- Crack the egg into a 2 quart wide mouthed jar (or similar vessel), and add the lemon juice, anchovies, and garlic. Blend with a stick blender for 30 seconds or so, until it’s well blended.
- With the motor running, pour in the oil. it will thicken and emulsify, becoming smooth and creamy.
- Add the parsley, tarragon, and chives. Blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning (dipping in a piece of mild lettuce is the best way to taste dressings), and add salt or more lemon juice, if needed. If the dressing is a bit too thick to pour, you can add a tiny bit of water (if it’s tangy enough) or lemon juice (if it’s not).
- Store in the refrigerator and use within 4 days.
*If pregnant or immunocompromised and would rather skip the raw egg, replace the egg and oil with 2/3 cup high quality store-bought mayonnaise. Just add all of the ingredients to the jar and blend until smooth.
Anchovies packed in oil are easily found in the canned fish section of your supermarket.