For the Chops:
4 bone-in pork chops, about 1–1.5 inches thick
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground paprika
For the Slaw:
1 pound assorted firm stone fruit (peaches, plums, apricots, etc)
1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder (or to taste, this amount will give it a good kick)
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 teaspoon lime juice
pinch sea salt
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and remove your pork chops from the fridge.
- Combine the teaspoon of salt, cumin, coriander and paprika in a small bowl and stir to combine
- Divide the spice rub among the chops, making sure to coat both sides.
- Grill chops for about 5 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through.
Alternately, if you don’t have a grill, Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add your preferred cooking fat (lard would be a good choice here) Sear the chops for 5 minutes on each side, or until almost cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil, allowing them to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the slaw: Julienne fruit and place in a medium bowl. Mix in the chipotle powder, lime zest, lime juice, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Serve the chops topped with the slaw, or alongside for guests to help themselves
I love the simplicity of this slaw, especially when stone fruit is at it’s very best. But feel free to add sliced green onions, grated ginger, toasted sesame oil, or other spices if you wish.
Keywords: pork chops, pork chops with stone fruit