A lovely way to change up your roast chicken game.
- 1 chicken, about 4 pounds, spatchcocked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (or olive oil)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- fresh parsley and/or thyme, optional, for garnish
- Up to two days before you cook the chicken, season it with salt and pepper. Refrigerate it uncovered, skin side up. If planning ahead didn’t happen, just season it when you’re ready to cook.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute, until it is fragrant and softened. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey.
- Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, and roast the chicken for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush with the honey-garlic butter. Cook for an additional 30-35 minutes, basting with the honey-garlic butter every 10 minutes or so.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
This recipe will also work great with cut up chicken or bone-in skin-on thighs.
Keywords: roast chicken