Got more strawberries you can eat before they go bad? Roast them!
Got some berries that are just meh? Roast them!
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed, dried, and hulled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat your oven to 275°F.
- Halve and/or quarter your strawberries so they are roughly the same size. If you have a lot of variation in size, you can leave the small ones whole.
- In a glass or non-reactive baking dish, gently coast the berries with honey. (see note)
- Roast for 2-2.5 hours, or until the liquid in the baking dish is syrupy and the strawberries are jammy, turning about half way through.
- Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
If your honey isn’t runny, put it in the baking dish first and pop in the oven for a few minutes, until it’s melted and easier to mix with the berries.
Keywords: honey roasted strawberries