In Texas, you’ll find as many versions of tortilla soup as there are wide open spaces. Creamy or broth-based, they usually call for masa flour and lots of cheese! This one packs in a punch of flavor, but uses clean, simple ingredients for a nutrient dense meal.
- 6 cups chicken bone broth ((homemade or high quality store bought))
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 12 ounces fresh homemade salsa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 onion, (chopped)
- Place all ingredients into the stainless steel bowl of your Instant Pot and secure the lid.
- Close the pressure valve, press the Manual/Pressure Cook button and adjust the cook time to 15 minutes using your +/- buttons.
- Allow the cooking cycle to complete and then quick release the pressure valve and remove the lid when safe to do so.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Serve topped with fresh cilantro and sliced avocado if desired.