Apple sauce is easier to make than ever when made in an Instantpot!
- 4 pounds apples (about 12, peeled, cored and roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup apple juice (apple cider, or water)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cardamom pods or a dash of ground cardamom
- you can also add in any spices to taste after it cooks
- Add all the ingredients to the insert of your Instantpot and lock on the lid. Set the valve to sealing.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. (The display will read “ON” until it comes up to pressure, at which point the 5 minutes will start).
- Once the time is up, hit the off button and allow the pressure to release naturally for 10-15 minutes before turning the valve to venting. Once the pressure nozzle drops, open the lid. (Smells so good, right?!)
- Puree with a blender or immersion blender for smooth apple sauce, or mash with a potato masher for chunky if it hasn’t mashed itself while cooking.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to jars and storing in the fridge.
Use within one week. You can also freeze or can the apple sauce.