- 1 teaspoon avocado oil, lard or tallow
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 scallions ( sliced, white parts only (reserve the greens for serving))
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 red or green jalapeño (seeds and membrane removed and thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- large lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced ((tossing them with rice vinegar makes them even tastier))
- 1 handful shredded carrots
- sliced scallion greens
- lime wedges
- fresh mint, cilantro and/or Thai basil
- chili sauce such as Sriracha (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until browned, breaking it up as it cooks.
- Add the scallions, garlic, and jalapeño and saute another 2 minutes, or until the garlic browns.
- Stir in the coconut aminos and fish sauce. And cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- Serve with lettuce leaves, cucumbers, shredded carrots, scallion greens, lime wedges, fresh herbs, and chili sauce.