juicy, quick to make, and packed with flavor, these lamb koftas are the perfect weeknight feast.
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 small handful cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free or regular)
- 1 pound ground lamb
for servings, optional:
- green tahini, lemon tahini, tzatziki, flatbreads, fresh herbs, lemon wedges, pomegranate arils… whatever sounds good to you!
- Place a rack in your oven to the highest location and turn on your broiler. Alternately, if grilling, turn your grill on medium,-high.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse everything but the lamb (shallot, garlic, cilantro, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, salt, pomegranate molasses and bread crumbs) 6-8 times or until it’s a coarse paste.
- Add in the lamb and pulse about 8 or so times, until the ingredients are all homogeneous.
- Form into 8 patties, either in a log shape, or more of an oval and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil for 5 minutes and then flip and broil for another 2-3 minutes. If grilling, grill 3-4 minutes on each side, or until just charred on the outsides and cooked through.
- Serve hot, with any or all of the items above.
Keywords: lamb koftas