- 3/4 cup warm water (about 100°F)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 6 tablespoons oil (avocado, olive, melted coconut oil) or melted butter or ghee, plus more for greasing the pan
- 3 large large eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 package Legit Everything Dough Mix
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the dry mix in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease an 8×8 baking dish with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, honey, and yeast. Set aside for about 5 minutes. It should get foamy and active.
Once the mixture is foamy, whisk in the butter, eggs, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour in the mix and whisk for about 30 seconds, until it is well combined and starts to thicken a bit. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. It will start off very thin, but will thicken as it sits.
- Give the dough another mix and scrape onto a clean dry surface dusted with half of the reserved dry mix. Sprinkle the rest on top and form into 4 burger buns.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown on the tops and cooked through. Allow to cool before slicing.
If you’d like to add seeds to the tops of the buns, brush them with an egg wash first so they stick: Reserve about a tablespoon of egg from above and whisk with a teaspoon of water.