- 3/4 cup warm water (about 110°F)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 6 tablespoons oil (avocado, olive, melted coconut oil) or melted butter or ghee, plus more for greasing the pan
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 package Legit Everything Dough Mix
- 6 tablespoons melted ghee or butter or coconut oil for DF
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of the dry mix in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 6-inch springform pan* with oil or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, honey, and yeast. Set aside for about 5 minutes. It should get foamy and active.
Once the mixture is foamy, whisk in the butter, eggs, and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour in the mix and whisk for about 30 seconds, until it is well combined and starts to thicken a bit. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. It will start off very thin, but will thicken as it sits.
- Prepare a small bowl with the melted ghee and another with the sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Give the dough another mix and using the reserved dry mix to dust your hands, roll into 1-inch balls, and then roll into the ghee and then sugar mixture. Place in the prepared pan as you go.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown on the tops and cooked through. Allow to cool before removing from the pan.
A springform pan makes it easier to remove the monkey bread, but any small baking dish will work.