- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons milk, cream, or coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 package Legit Bread Co Everything Dough Mix
- 1 packet instant or rapid rise yeast
- 2 large eggs
- In a small saucepan*, combine 6 tablespoons of the butter, pineapple juice, milk, and 3 tablespoons of the honey. Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm. You want it to be no hotter than 110ºF, so let it cool if it gets warmer than that. (It should feel warm but not hot on the inside of your wrist)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or large bowl if using hand beaters, combine the Everything Dough Mix with the yeast, using the paddle attachment.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the liquid mixture, scraping down the sides as needed to get it all well combined.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Continue to beat on high for about a minute, or until the dough develops a bit of elasticity. It won’t resemble traditional dough, don’t sweat it.
- Scrape the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the warmest spot in your kitchen and let it proof for about 90 minutes. It won’t double like regular dough might, but things are happening, don’t worry.
- After 90 minutes, punch down the dough and knead 4-5 times to get it smooth. Divide into 9 balls and place in an 8×8 baking dish. Cover with a towel and set aside for about an hour. At some point in this hour, preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of honey. After the rolls have proved and you’re ready to bake them, brush the tops with the honey butter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until they are golden brown and springy. Brush with more honey butter and allow to cool before removing from the baking dish.
*Or you can do this first step in a microwave
Keywords: gluten-free hawaiian sweet rolls, gluten-free pull apart rolls