- 2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 pounds veggies – I used 2 carrots, 3 summer squash and a big bunch of spinach – diced into small bite-sized pieces (spinach or other greens chopped)
- 1 pound raw sausage – removed from casing, if applicable
- 1/2 pound macaroni or other small noodles, cooked
- In a large soup pot, heat the broth until it’s simmering.
- Add the carrots, and any other longer-cooking veggies you’re using (any root veg, for example) and cook for a couple minutes.
- Meanwhile, form the sausage into mini meatballs- just break off little nuggets, they don’t have to be perfect. Add them to the soup and cook for a minute or two.
- One the sausage is nearly cooked, add the summer squash and cook until tender.
- Stir in the spinach and taste for seasoning.
- Serve in bowls with a ladle-full of macaroni and some grated Parmesan, if desired.
If eating all of the soup the day you make it, you can cook the macaroni in the soup. If not though, cook it separately so it doesn’t get mushy and drink up all your broth.
Keywords: mini meatball veggie soup