The simplest dessert you’ll make all summer, and a perfect way to use those in-season cherries!
- 1 pound sweet cherries, (pitted)
- butter or preferred fat for greasing the baking dish
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (65 grams) cassava flour*
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Butter a 9-inch pie dish or similar sized baking dish with butter, or your preferred fat.
- Place the cherries in a single layer in the dish.
- In a blender, blend the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cassava flour, and salt until smooth. Pour over the cherries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until just set in the center. Serve warm or room temperature. (I love it warm, but just as much cold out of the fridge the next day)
*If using volume measurement, make sure to whisk the cassava flour before measuring.