Ground beef doesn’t have to be burgers; make it into this tasty and versatile Picadillo!
- 1 teaspoon lard, tallow, or avocado oil
- 1 small onion, (finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic, (minced)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- pinch cloves
- 1 14- ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed olives
- Heat the fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cinnamon, cumin, cloves and salt and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, vinegar, raisins and olives, along with 1/2 cup water. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, with plantain tortillas, or tostones.