Crispy, juicy, keto, and even better than the original
- 4 pork chops, about 1–1.5 inches thick, about 2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup pork panko
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (optional)
- a few turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pat the pork chops dry and season with salt.
- Set up a dredging station: In one shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another, mix the panko with the Parmesan, rosemary (if using), and black pepper.
- Dredge the pork chops in the egg, allowing the excess to drip off, and then into the panko mixture, pressing the crumbs onto the pork.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the pork chops and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side. Resist the urge to disturb them the first 2-3 minutes, minimum, the breading has the tendency to stick to the pan before it’s browned.
- Serve right away with apple sauce and/or a simple salad.
Keywords: pork chops