gluten-free sour cream coffee cake that no one will know is gluten-free.
For the Streusel & Topping:
- 4 tablespoons butter, (softened)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Coffee Cake:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and butter an 8×8 inch baking dish.
To make the topping:
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and use your hands to mix it all together so it’s a somewhat damp crumb mixture. (Alternately, you can pulse the ingredients a few times in a food processor). Set aside.
To make the cake:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, coconut palm sugar, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and stir until it’s just mixed.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle in 1/3 of the streusel, and then pour in the remaining batter. Top with the remaining streusel.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting.