Indulgent and refreshing, this salad is the perfect summer dish.
- 1 3/4–2 pounds stone fruit, halved, pitted and sliced in wedges ((about 6 medium peaches, nectarines, pluots, plums, whatever looks good))
- 6–8 large basil leaves, (torn)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 3–4 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8 ounce ball of burrata
- pinch flaky salt
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced stone fruit, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, finely ground salt, and pepper. Gently stir to combine.
- On a serving platter, cut or tear the burrata in half – There’s cream inside, so make sure you do this on the platter you plan to serve it on.
- Arrange the stone fruit mixture over the burrata and sprinkle with flaky salt.
The fruit will be great if allowed to marinate for a bit, but don’t arrange over the burrata until ready to serve.