- 1/4 cup palm shortening or softened butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 8 ounces strawberries, (washed, hulled and diced (about 1 1/4 cups diced))
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment liners
- In a blender, combine the shortening, honey, eggs, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt. Add to the blender and blend for 8-10 seconds, or until just incorporated.
- Stir in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide among the prepared muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool the muffins in the tin on a wire rack before removing them.
Grain-free baked good tend to mold faster than regular ones, so make sure to refrigerate after a day if you haven’t eaten them all yet.