- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch (or arrowroot starch)
- zest of one lemon, plus more for garnish, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cold butter (or ghee or vegan butter)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 heaping cup diced strawberries (about 8 ounces / 1 pint)
For the glaze (optional) whisk together:
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca starch, lemon zest, salt, and baking soda.
- Using a box grater, grate the butter into the dry ingredients and then mix with your hands to get it the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Push the mixture to the outside of the bowl, making a well in the center. Drop in the eggs and honey and whisk until combined.
- Using a fork, gently mix in the dry ingredients until just combined into a shaggy dough, Fold in the strawberries.
- Drop onto the prepared baking sheet using a large spoon, spacing them out so there’s a bit of room around each one (they will spread)
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool before drizzling with icing and/or lemon zest, if desired.
Keywords: strawberry drop biscuits