- 1 slice jalapeño, (seeds removed *)
- 3 strawberries
- 1.5 ounces (1 jigger) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1.5 ounces (1 jigger) tequila, either gold or silver ((I love Espolòn))
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup, (recipe follows)
- lime wedges, strawberry, and jalapeño, for garnish
- On a small plate, combine the coarse salt and sugar. Run the lime wedge garnish around the edge of the glass, and then turn the glass upside down onto the salt mixture, coating the rim. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the jalapeno, strawberries and lime and lemon juices. Add the tequila along with a small handful of ice and shake well for 30 seconds or so.
- Strain over ice (I like using a large ice cube so it doesn’t get watered down right away), and garnish with a lime wedge, strawberry, and slice of jalapeño.
Dissolve 1/4 cup honey in 1/4 cup boiling water. Allow to cool. Store in a jar in the fridge.
* Be careful when handling any hot peppers! Make sure to wash your hands, knife and cutting board well after handling them. And even after washing your hands, use caution when touching your face or eyes. (or anything else!)