This salsa is wonderful on Barbacoa Tacos, with Grilled Chicken, Grilled Pork Chops (or anything grilled for that matter), and is best served the same day that it’s made. (But it will still be tasty the next day)
- 12 ounces strawberries, (about 10–16 strawberries, depending on size rinsed, hulled, and minced)
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, (about 1 large lime)
- 1 large jalapeño, (seeded and minced (about 3 tablespoons minced))
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- pinch salt
- ground cayenne, (optional, for spicier salsa)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Season to taste with cayenne if desired.
- Serve immediately, or let it sit for an hour or two to allow the flavors to marry.