- 10 chicken legs and/or thighs (about 3.5–4 pounds)
- 1 scant tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pat dry the chicken and place in a baking dish or similar container.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the spices. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 and up to 48 hours.
- Once you’re ready to cook the chicken, heat your grill to medium, so the temperature is around 400-425ºF. Oil your grill grates if necessary.
- Cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes with the grill closed, turning every 10 minutes or so, and rotating it around the grill as necessary to account for hot spots / uneven heat.
Don’t have a grill? Don’t dismay. This chicken is also great roasted in a 425ºF oven for about 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.