- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, (minced or finely grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs or 1 whole chicken, cut up into 8 pieces
- cilantro for garnish, (optional)
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, ginger, garlic, salt and cinnamon.
- Place the chicken in a ziploc bag or glass baking dish and pour the marinade over. Toss to coat. Close up the bag or cover the baking dish with plastic wrap. Marinate for at least 4 hours, and up to 24.
- When ready to roast: Preheat the oven to 450. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on a rack over a baking sheet to allow the marinade to drain. Once well drained, rinse the baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil. Place the rack with the chicken back on the baking sheet.
- Roast the chicken for 40-45 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.