- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas * (about 3 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup palm shortening or room temperature butter (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 7″x3″ bread pan
- Combine bananas, shortening, eggs and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and kick it on for 30 seconds or so, until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond flour, arrowroot starch, coconut flour and salt, and then add to the food processor. Pulse 6-8 times to combine. Scraping the sides with a rubber spatula, and pulse again a few times.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes, and then on a wire rack until completely cool, before you cut it. If you can stand it.
* please measure your mashed banana, instead of counting whole bananas, if you want the measurements to be accurate. Bananas are like snowflakes. Sort of.
Keywords: banana bread