There are a LOT of paleo banana bread recipes out there. I probably didn’t need to create a new one. But you know me! I can’t help myself.
This paleo, dairy-free, sweetener-free banana bread is bare bones, plain Jane. But don’t let that stop you from adding nuts, chocolate chips, coconut, or all of the above.Print
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1/2 cup arrowroot starch
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas * (about 3 bananas)
1/4 cup palm shortening (plus more for greasing the pan)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 7″x3″ bread pan
- Combine bananas, shortening, vanilla, eggs and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor and kick it on for 30 seconds or so, until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients (almond flour though salt) and then add to the food processor. Pulse 6-8 times to combine. Scraping the sides with a rubber spatula, and pulse again a few times.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes, and then on a wire rack until completely cool, before you cut it. If you can stand it.
* please measure your mashed banana, instead of counting whole bananas, if you want the measurements to be accurate. Bananas are like snowflakes. Sort of.
Keywords: banana bread
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.