Easy Vegan Mayo
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup
- Category: condiments and sauces
- Method: blend
- 1/4 cup aquafaba (liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 12 whole chickpeas (if you saved the aquafaba and not the chickpeas, don’t sweat it. This recipe will still work, the whole chickpeas just help the emulsification)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- 3/4 cup oil, either all avocado or another neutral oil, or a blend of that plus about 1/3 extra virgin olive oil
- In a blender or jar if using an immersion blender, combine the aquafaba, chickpeas, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and salt. Blend until frothy and the chickpeas are no longer visible.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the oil. It will lighten in color and thicken as you add it. If it still looks thin after all the oil is added, just blend it for 30 seconds longer.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Keywords: vegan mayo
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.
Leave a Reply