Berry Snacking Cake
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 1 8×8 cake, 9-12 pieces
- Category: baked goods
- Method: bake
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 (4 tablespoons) cup softened butter*, plus more for greasing the pan
- 4 eggs, at room temperature*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch + 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces fruit, chopped if applicable (about 2 heaping cups once chopped) **
- Heat your oven to 350ºF and butter an 8×8 baking dish.
- Using beaters or a stand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until lighter in color, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the eggs, beating after each addition, and then mix in the vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, 1/2 cup of the tapioca starch, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Toss the fruit with 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch and then fold into the batter. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top and springs back when you lightly press it. Allow to cool before slicing.
- If you are impulse baking and your butter and eggs are cold, here’s how to remedy that:
EGGS: Place them in a bowl filled with warm water for 10-15 minutes, changing the water out half way through if it becomes cold.
BUTTER: Set the butter between two sheets of parchment paper and beat the crap out of it with a rolling pin. You’ll get it soft and get some rage out while you’re at it.
- Fruit: I used strawberries, blueberries, and cherries but this cake can be made with whatever fruit you have.
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.
Leave a Reply