For the floater fans.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup garbanzo flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt + more for boiling
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and olive oil until well beaten.
- Stir in the almond flour, garbanzo flour, salt, baking soda and dill. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a couple big pinches of salt. Using wet hands, form the dough into balls about 1 tablespoon each. Drop them into the boiling water. Once they’re all in there, turn the heat down so the water is simmering and cover. Simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until they are cooked all the way through- you’ll know they are done when they’re a consistent color and consistency throughout.
- At this point, you can refrigerate and serve later, or drop them right into piping hot chicken broth. If serving later, heat them up gently in the broth (or simmering water and then transfer to broth if you don’t want your broth to get cloudy.)