Once you have the Everything Dough ebook, grain-free Hot Cross Buns are well within your reach!
Add to the dry:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt ((instead of 1 teaspoon))
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom ((optional))
Stir into the dough after mixing for 5 minutes:
- 1/3 cup raisins or currants ((I used golden raisins))
For the egg wash:
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
For the icing:
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream or dairy-free milk of your choice (or use lemon juice for a lemony icing)
- Follow the instructions for the Pull Apart Dinner Rolls, adjusting the ingredients as stated above. Brush with the egg wash and allow to rise for at least 30 minutes before baking. (At this point, you can cover and refrigerate if you would like to bake the next day. Take out of the fridge one hour before baking)
- After baking, allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Whisk together the sugar and cream. Transfer the sugar mixture into a small plastic bag and snip off the corner. Pipe the icing over buns and serve.