- 2 large or 3 small apples, about 3/4 pound
- 1 small fennel bulb, about 1/2 pound
- 1 medium shallot
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hot honey (see note)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Julienne the apples by cutting thin rounds starting at the outside of the fruit. Stack up the slices and slice again to create matchsticks. Remove the fronds of the fennel and quarter through the top. Remove the core and thinly slice. Thinly slice the shallot.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk to combine the apple cider vinegar, hot honey, coriander, salt and cilantro.
- Add the apples, fennel, and cilantro and stir to combine.
I highly recommend making the hot honey for this recipe, since you’ll get a lot of use out of it, but if you don’t want to, just use honey and a dash of hot sauce and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Keywords: apple slaw, apple fennel slaw