This flavor-packed Chicken Tinga takes about 5 minutes active time and under 20 minutes total.
- 1 14- ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes, (juices drained (see note))
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo plus 1 tablespoon of the sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, (peeled and left whole)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- queso fresco, cilantro, and diced onions (for serving, optional)
- In the insert of your Instant Pot, combine the diced tomatoes, chipotle pepper and sauce, garlic cloves, cumin, coriander, onion powder, and salt. Stir to combine. Add the chicken and coat with the sauce.
- Lock on the lid and turn the valve to sealing. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once the time is up, turn the valve to venting and allow the pressure to release and the lid to unlock before removing it.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks.
- Puree the sauce either with an immersion blender or by transferring to a blender. Mix in all or some of the sauce into the shredded chicken, depending on how you plan to serve it.
- If prepping to freeze to make later: Combine all of the ingredients in a zip top bag or freezer-safe container. Label and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to cook, transfer all the ingredients to your Instant Pot and proceed with the recipe starting at step 2.