- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 5 cloves garlic, (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder, (cut into 2-inch cubes)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Spicy Slaw for serving, (optional, recipe follows)
- Tostones for serving, (optional)
Spicy Slaw Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 head green or savoy cabbage, (shredded)
- 1 bell pepper, (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 red onion, (thinly sliced)
To make the pork:
- In the insert of your Instantpot, combine the orange juice, lime juice, garlic, salt, and cumin.
- Add the pork and toss to coat. (make ahead tip: You can refrigerate the pork overnight for 4-12 hours to marinate, which will make it even more flavorful, but this isn’t necessary)
- Make sure the rubber seal is placed inside the lid. Secure the lid and set the nozzle to sealing. Set for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- After the 45 minutes are up, press keep warm / cancel and allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before turning the nozzle to venting and releasing any remaining pressure. Preheat the broiler.
- With a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the pork to a baking sheet. Set the Instantpot to saute and reduce the liquid for 10-15 minutes, or until thickened (you want there to be about 1 cup remaining). Pour into a heat-proof bowl and skim off some of the fat once it starts to cool and rise to the top.
- Meanwhile, broil the pork for 3-5 minutes per side, until crispy and browned, turning several times to get it browned on at least two of the sides. (the amount of time will depend on the heat of your broiler and distance the pork is from it)
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, and serve with the reduced sauce, slaw and tostones, if desired.
To make the slaw:
- In a large bowl, combine the lime juice, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, coriander and salt.
- Using your hands, mix in the remaining ingredients, squeezing the vegetables as you mix to break them down a bit.
- Season to taste with additional lime juice or vinegar, if desired. (might be necessary if your cabbage was on the larger side)