simple, delicious, and perfect for spring.
- 1 bunch asparagus, (about 1 pound, tough ends snapped off)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard (make sure it’s gluten-free))
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, (such as parsley, tarragon or chives)
- a few good pinches of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450ºF
- Toss the asparagus with the avocado oil and spread out on a baking sheet.
- Once the oven is hot, roast the asparagus for 10-20 minutes, depending on it’s thickness.
Meanwhile, prepare the lemon vinaigrette:
- Zest the lemon and squeeze one tablespoon of juice into a small bowl. Set the zest aside.
- Add the olive oil, herbs, and mustard and whisk to combine.
- Once the asparagus is tender and a bit caramelized, sprinkle with sea salt and transfer to a serving platter.
- Pour over the vinaigrette and garnish with the zest.
- Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.