Keep your guac green for hours with this simple trick!
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 1/2 cups cool water
- 3 ripe avocados, (halved and stone (pit) and skin removed)
- small handful cilantro, (minced)
- 3 scallions, (white and light green part only, diced)
- 1 jalapeño, (minced (seeds and membrane removed for mild, or not for spicy))
- juice of 1 lime
- In a large bowl, dissolve the salt in the hot water. Add the cool water.
- Halve the avocados and remove the stone (see the video below for tutelage)
- Using a large spoon, scoop out the avocado halves and drop in the salt water. Allow them to soak in there for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop up your guacamole additions and add them to a bowl that has enough room for them and the avocados. My preferred combination is in the ingredients list above, but feel free to add your favorites.
- After the avocados have soaked, remove them from the salt water, give them a quick rinse, and drop into the bowl with the veggies. Mash with a fork, whisk, or potato masher. Season to taste; you probably won’t need any additional salt.