- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 1 cup neutral tasting oil, such as avocado or light olive.
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 strips (about 1-inch x 3-inch) red or orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 12 chives, chopped
- In a quart sized canning jar, blend the egg and lemon juice with an immersion blender until well combined, about 10 seconds.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the oil. It will emulsify and thicken.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, bell pepper, parsley and chives. Blend again, until the herbs and pepper are finely minced and incorporated. Season to taste with additional salt and garlic powder, if desired. Oh and a few grinds of black pepper if you’re into it.
- Cover and refrigerate. Use within 5 days.