- 1 thin wedge grapefruit
- coarse salt (if you have smoked salt, adding a bit to your plain salt is a nice touch)
- 3/4 ounce mescal (or more tequila if you’re not into mescal or can’t find it)
- 1 ounce tequila blanco
- 2 ounces 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice (or more if you’d like it fruiter)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- club soda
- Run the grapefruit wedge around the rim of a high ball glass. Dip in salt.
- In the glass, combine the mescal, tequila, grapefruit juice and lime juice. Stir well.
- Add ice to fill the glass 3/4 of the way, and then top off with club soda. Garnish with the grapefruit wedge.