For the quinoa:
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch salt
For the tabouli:
- 1 cup minced flat leaf parsley ((about 1 large bunch))
- 1/2 cup finely diced tomatoes ((about 2 romas or a handful of grape or cherry tomatoes))
- 1/4 cup finely diced scallions ((about 3–4 scallions))
- 2 tablespoons minced mint ((2–3 sprigs))
- 2–3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
To make the quinoa:
- In a fine mesh sieve, rinse the quinoa very well under cold running water. Transfer to a small pot with a tight fitting lid and add the water, olive oil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and put the lid on. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the germ has spiraled out from the grain.
To make the Tabouli:
- While the quinoa is cooking, mince and dice the herbs and veggies and place them in a medium bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa. Season to taste with salt and lemon juice if desired.