- 2 pounds carrots, peeled or scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling, optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the carrots into somewhat even chunks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, honey, thyme, salt, and a few turns of black pepper.
- Toss the carrots to coat with the honey mixture and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for about an hour, stirring / flipping 2-3 times. Cook time will vary depending on the thickness of your carrots, so keep an eye on them.
- Drizzle with additional honey and sprinkle with a little fresh thyme, if desired.