the simplest supper you’ll make this week!
- 1 large red or yellow onion (sliced into 1/4-inch slices)
- 2 bell peppers (sliced into 1/2-inch slices)
- 2 cups grape and/or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shishito or padron peppers, (optional)
- 4–6 raw sausages, (I used sweet Italian and Bratwurst. Feel free to use whatever your favorites are!)
- 3 tablespoons light olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place an oven rack on the highest position, about 6 inches below the broiler. Turn the oven on to broil.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, and shishito peppers, if using, with the oil and salt. Nestle in the sausages.
- Broil for about 20 minutes, checking and rotating / turning every 5-10 minutes or so, or until the veggies and tender and charred and the sausages are cooked through. (see note!)
The broiler is the part of the oven that varies the most among ranges, so I want you to peep the recipe for a general guideline, but keep an eye on your oven to make sure you’re not burning anything. A little char is great for flavor, though!